Autosport

Ecclestone tries to get to Grand Prix “Formula 1” in Sochi, despite a possible ban

16

DescriptionBernie Ecclestone© Sergey Fadeichev/TASS

LONDON, June 28. /TASS/. Former Executive Director of world championship racing in the class machines “Formula-1” Bernie Ecclestone criticized the idea to forbid him to visit the Grand Prix and said that he would try to get to the competitions in Sochi. He said this in a Sunday interview to the newspaper Mail on Sunday.

“To forbid me to visit the race? I would not recommend them (the new leadership of “Formula 1″ – approx. TASS). They can try to do it in Russia. I think that might be able to get a pass,” said Ecclestone.

According to the newspaper, the leadership of “Formula 1” and a half day discussing the possibility of a ban to the former Executive Director to attend the stages. These discussions are held against the background of recent statements about racism made by the Briton, who was the head of “Formula 1” since the 1970-ies and resigned as Executive Director in 2017. Then the American company Liberty Media has completed the acquisition of “Formula-1”. His place was taken by an American businessman chase Carey.

This chemoselectivity champion “Formula 1” Lewis Hamilton took part in a rally against racism

On Friday in an interview with CNN Ecclestone, speaking on the topic of protests against racial discrimination in the United States, said that “in many cases, black people even more racist than white”.

In response, the sixfold world champion, the driver of “Mercedes”, a black Briton Lewis Hamilton, who had previously supported the protests in the United States, wrote that the statements of the former head of “Formula 1” caused him “sadness and disappointment”.

Ecclestone glad that is not associated with “Formula”

In an interview with the Sunday Mail on Sunday, Ecclestone spoke out in defense of their own views. “It’s not my fault that I am white or that I am lower than the person standing next to me. At school I was called “Shorty” and I realized that I need to do something about it. Black people should look after themselves”, – said the billionaire.

“I am glad that is not associated with the “Formula 1″, as I cannot be held accountable for what they did. They suddenly seized on this theme of racism because of events in America,” said Ecclestone.

“I am not the enemy of blacks. On the contrary, I have always defended them”, he added.

At this tumorgenicity Grand Prix of Russia “Formula-1” continue planning to prepare for the stage

While speaking about the protests in the United States, the former head of “Formula 1” said, “people go to these demonstrations, organized by quasimaximum who want to bring down the police, which would be a disaster for the country. If you ask most of them, against which they are protesting, they may not know it.”

About the season, “Formula 1”

In early June, the management of “Formula-1” has approved the calendar of the first eight stages of the season 2020. It starts with two stages on the track in the Austrian Spielberg (3-5 July and 10-12 July), then will pass stages at the autodrome in the suburbs of the Hungarian Budapest (17-19 July) in the British Silverstone (31 July – 2 August and 7-9 August), Barcelona (14-16 August), the Belgian Spa (28-30 August) and the Italian Monza (September 4-6).

Calendar of the remaining stages will be published in the coming weeks. Russian stage in the original version of the calendar was scheduled for 25-27 September in Sochi.

Leave a Reply