TASS, February 13. The management of world championship racing in the class machines “Formula 1”, the International automobile Federation (FIA) and promoters this week will hold a meeting to discuss all possible options for the preservation of the Chinese Grand Prix on the calendar this year. This was told by the sports Director “Formulas-1” Ross brown, a comment which leads Reuters.
On Wednesday the FIA announced that Grand Prix of China, which was held from 17 to 19 April in Shanghai, postponed indefinitely due to the coronavirus.
“We are talking to [representatives of] the International automobile Federation, the promoters to understand, if we can find the decision, brown said. – We’re going to keep the Chinese Grand Prix on the calendar, but it will be very difficult.” Athletic Director did not rule out the possibility of transferring one stage to another date, which, according to him, is a serious problem. “For teams would be pretty hard to adapt [to the changing of the calendar], but I don’t think any of us wants to lose the Grand Prix of China,” he said.
“We are making every possible effort, but no guarantees on this point,” added brown.
The stage “Formulas-1” in China is from 2004.
Outbreak caused by a novel coronavirus, the disease was recorded in a large Chinese city of Wuhan at the end of December last year. The world health organization recognized it as an emergency situation on an international scale, describing as an epidemic, with many lesions. Outside China, the disease was identified in 24 countries, including Russia.