DescriptionKaren Khachanov© EPA-EFE/WU HONG
TASS, October 14th. Russian Karen Khachanov rose from ninth to eighth place in the rating of Association of tennis professionals (ATP). An updated version of a rating is published on the ATP website on Monday.
On the subjectof Master in Shanghai. Daniil Medvedev won the second season of the prestigious tournament of series ATP
Last week Khachanov has reached the 1/8 finals of the tournament series “masters” in Shanghai, where he lost to Fabio Fognini.
The best Russian tennis player remains Daniil Medvedev, who retained the fourth place ranking. Last week he earned 1000 ranking points for the victory in Shanghai and came close to occupying third place to the Swiss Roger Federer.
Medvedev reached the finals for the sixth tournament in a row, on account of his seven ATP titles in his career. Just this year, scoring nine finals, which is the best indicator in the world. Earlier Medvedev has qualified for the Final of the ATP tournament, which will be held in London from 10 to 17 November.
Another Russian tennis player Andrey Rublev has climbed two positions and now occupies 31-e a place. In the ranking retained the leadership of a Serb Novak Djokovic, the second place is Spaniard Rafael Nadal.
The ATP ranking of 14 October:
- 1 (1). Novak Djokovic (Serbia) – 9545 points;
- 2 (2). Rafael Nadal (Spain) – 9225;
- 3 (3). Roger Federer (Switzerland) – 6950;
- 4 (4). Daniil Medvedev (Russia) – 5920;
- 5 (5). Dominique Tim (Austria) – 5085;
- 6 (6). Alexander Zverev (Germany) – 4425;
- 7 (7). Zizipus Stefanos (Greece) – 3900;
- 8 (9). Karen Khachanov (Russia) – 2990;
- 9 (8). Kei Nishikori (Japan) – 2860;
- 10 (10). Roberto Bautista-Agut (Spain) – 2575…
- 31 (33). Andrei Rublev (Russia) – 1341.